March 16, 2020
We are open for business
Best TradeShow Display is an “essential business” and continues to operate during the COVID-19 crisis. The products we provide are instrumental to keeping your customers safe and informed, and can help other essential businesses function in a difficult environment.
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, Best Trade Show Display is focused on the health and well-being of our employees and customers. The purpose of this communication is to share the proactive provisions that Best Trade Show Display is taking to ensure business continuity while keeping our employees safe and helping to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19. These temporary policies and provisions are guided by the Peacetime Emergency proclamation by the State of California as well as the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
This document outlines a summary of the Business Continuity Plan for Best Trade Show Display in North America, in the event of a worsening pandemic of the coronavirus. It’s important to note that while continuity of the business is critical, Best Trade Show Display is doing everything possible in the course of our operations to prevent the spread of the virus. This document, therefore, also summarizes the company’s prevention efforts in that regard.
Best Trade Show Display has asked all employees to immediately self-quarantine by not coming to work or leaving the premises if they begin to exhibit flu-like symptoms. In that event, employees are asked to seek medical attention immediately and report those symptoms and/or test results to their supervisor. At the time of this writing, March 15, 2020, there have been no employees who have tested positive or who are even awaiting test results. We will update this status if, and as, it changes.
Coronavirus Safety and Prevention Efforts:
Best Trade Show Display has implemented the following precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus in our workplace and in our communities:
- Eliminated international travel
- Eliminated inter-office travel for employees
- Eliminated customer, supplier, and contractor visits (except daily deliveries)
- Eliminated large-group employee meetings
- Encourage good personal hygiene practices, both at work and on personal time
- Encourage working from home for select employees
- Increased frequency and rigor of cleaning efforts within our facilities with a concentration toward high-traffic areas
- Increased availability and access to cleaning and sanitation products for our employees to enable them additional cleaning for their respective area
- Developed and implemented an Exposure Control Plan (ECP) in the event of virus exposure at any Best Trade Show Display facility. (This document is available for review upon request)
Business Continuity Plan:
Through prior, purposeful continuity planning, Best Trade Show Display anticipates being able to fulfill all orders without interruption to normal business operations and while providing a safe environment to employees.
Best Trade Show Display has redundant production capabilities across multiple owned facilities. These include ten remote stocking and distribution locations across the U.S., in addition to two printing and manufacturing facilities in North America. Those manufacturing facilities are located in Minnesota and Alabama, respectively with multiple shifts and available capacity in place at each facility. Showdown Displays has also partnered with manufacturing/printing partners in Europe and Mexico for additional capacity and flexibility in the event of an exposure. To ensure continuity in the event of a virus-related facility closure, we have enacted the following procedures and/or contingency plans:
- Increase stocking levels of high-use inventory, shippable to any location on demand
- Ensure print redundancy for every product, across multiple locations
- Institute contingencies for additional work-from-home scenarios for non-production functions such as; customer service, order management, sales, graphics, finance, etc.
Best Trade Show Display has significant levels of stock and inventory on-hand. Additionally, a weekly production status report indicates that contracted overseas suppliers are once again nearing full capacity. Showdown also maintains supply redundancy, with multiple supplier partners across product categories. To ensure supply continuity, the following actions are in place:
- Best Trade Show Display has several employees in place in China, monitoring the situation.
- Best Trade Show Display receives daily updates from each of our suppliers, advising of capacity, providing stock levels, and production & transit order status.
- Best Trade Show Display also has available alternate sources of overseas supply, including a wholly owned factory in the Czech Republic.
Rest assured that Best Trade Show Display is well positioned to keep our employees and communities safe, while continuing to provide the legendary products and services to our customers. The leadership team at Best Trade Show Display continues to meet daily to monitor this evolving situation and we pledge to provide additional updates should there be any new developments